Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Teaching Tips

Kindergarten kids are the cutest when holding hands and wearing matching backpacks. 

Bomb games keep the students entertained in a variety of ways.
Here you can see happiness, intrigue, boredom and in one special case - crying. 

Bringing out your smart phone can lead to 2 photobombs in one picture. 
A note on the second picture - last week was Halloween, so as a special treat I let the students play a bomb game - a powerpoint based team activity which is the staple of many English teachers in Korea. This particular game employs techniques similar to this video and as a result I made two students cry. One of the students was a particularly smug sixth grader who takes great pleasure in talking allllll the way through my classes and generally being a &*%$. I took great pleasure in his tears. I felt a little bit bad about being so happy but my co-teacher declared that his crying was 'excellent.' I love my co-teacher. 

1 comment: